Friday 19 October 2012

Etching

I could write pages about how cool using Intaglio etching and printing is - but I won't. It's a complicated and exact process (used to great effect by Rembrandt, Goya and Picasso) but seems akin to alchemy when you peel the first printed piece of paper from your etched plate. I really clicked with this way of working and here are four of the prints I made over the last week.

French Surf
Lighthouse Coastline   
Autumn Leaves
View of Burgh Island
Finally, here is a funny strip of the boy and I at Muffin and Nick's wedding on my birthday. I'm a bowler-hatted tiger, while he appears to be some sort of cow-bear-butterfly concoction. What a party that was.


3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I would love to try etching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would really love working like this, Siddy! If you are ever in London on a Wednesday you can come to the evening class with me.

      Delete
  2. I love these pics of you and your man!

    ReplyDelete